Sunday, March 3, 2013

Noa's Garden BOM in Victorian Modern


  A few weeks ago, we posted info on our 3 Block of the Month projects and this one is Noa's Garden:
 I am working on our sample, using the lovely Victorian Modern collection from Bill Kerr and Weeks Ringle. I am excited to be showing (off) these three blocks, before I bring them to the shop for display. I am so eager to continue making them and see them all assembled in one gorgeous quilt! I loved, loved, loved the fabric when we saw it fresh at Market and it just grows on me every time I gaze at it. I think I might have to make a Charm Party Tote out of it!
If you are a frequent reader of our blog, you might know that I started applying myself to learning needle-turn applique a couple of years ago and I must admit that it is not as difficult as one might think.

I have the added benefit of working on the last Thursday of every month when our "Applique Group" spends the morning working on and showing the blocks they have under construction. These ladies have been a fountain of information and support and I cannot thank them enough for encouraging me to give it one more try!

Noa's Garden is a terrific combination of piecing and applique that can be done traditionally or using the fuse technique with top-stitching on a machine. I personally like the look of hand applique and these pieces are easy to do!

As I sprint ahead and get the blocks done, I will post new photos and if you are reading this and interested in signing up, it is still possible to do so but time is limited. We are now in Month 2.

Give Pearl a call at 985-845-9554 and we do ship to out-of-towners.


No comments: