Sunday, January 1, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Oh I hope you all had a very Happy and Safe New Years Eve. Can you believe it's 2012!

A LEAP year and an election year...... and a year of quilting up a storm. I know I am hitting it hard, fast and early this morning.

I have one of two Barbara Brackman Civil War quilts on the design board (which incidentally isn't large enough to accommodate all the blocks......) (I'm just saying...) and have it almost all together. I'll post a shot of it soon.

Up-date: here it is!



I started this project in January last as an attempt to rein in all my stash. Both of the tops are a "controlled" scrappy quilt and put a serious dent in my fabric collections but I still have a ways to go before I can call my pile "manageable". I'm working on it!

HOWEVER, Pearl has made it that much more difficult for me because she put 3 rows of fabulous bolts on the sale table as we closed out the year and you can see below how much is going to be available at $5.99 a yard when the doors open Tuesday morning.


Now if you look over to the far left side of the first photo, you'll see 3 large bins of fabrics. Stuff as much as you can up to the handle of our provided plastic bag and it's all yours for $7.99. We have batiks, Kaffe Fassett, Jinny Beyer, blenders, prints you name it. This is a great way to get small pieces for applique projects.

So, I guess you know where I'll be Tuesday morning!

In the meantime, I wonder if you know that the Dr. Seuss book, "the Lorax" is about to be released as an animated film? We have just received our long-anticipated shipment of the fabrics and you will not believe how soft the 'hand' is on them. The colors are brilliant and the selection is terrific. All of the bolts are made with organic cotton.

This quilt pattern, Speak for the Trees, is free from Robert Kaufman Fabrics


We have also finally received the focus fabric Peacock Panel from the Timeless Treasures collection, Plume. It is really really gorgeous.

Timeless Treasures is holding a "challenge" for this line and you can pick up the informational brochure at the shop.


Block of the Month!

Dancing with the Stars
Amish with the Twist

Blocks of the Month Sign Up is underway so if you are interested in joining in, drop by or give us a call and we'll be kitting up, ready to distribute Dancing with the Stars first month on February 1. Amish with a Twist will begin in March. As always, we do not charge a registration fee for joining.

I'd like to do something fun this year to showcase the quilts YOU make with fabrics you bought in Bright Hopes...... if you would like to add yours to the queue, please send a clear photo of the quilt, and yourself in the shot if you'd like!, and I'll add it the slideshow.

Let's make a bright and colorful 2012. Happy stitching...

No comments: