Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Anniversary Wrap-Up

We want to thank all our fabulous customers & friends who came by during our 10th Anniversary celebrations. We had a terrific time seeing everyone and swapping pincushions. 

They were all just wonderful and everyone seemed pleased with the ones they received. Check out these smiling faces!






We had a blast watching quilters open the bags and pull out these pincushions. Thank you to all the participants for making this a successful swap.
........

Now, I have a quick tip to share when you find yourself in an unhappy situation in the middle of a free-forming project. 

We were demonstrating several rulers including the Double-Strip ruler by CreativeGrids. I had a jellyroll from a few years back but no yardage from the line. I also used the pattern, Penny Candy,&  from Kathy Brown's Strip-Smart Quilts book and after sewing all the strips and sewing the pieces back together, I found I was one block short of making a 4 x 5 setting!

Booo!!!!  Well, I could have just made a square format quilt but then I decided instead to insert a blank panel in the center. When I finally finish this baby quilt, I will applique' the recipient's name in that blank space!

No comments: