Friday, February 17, 2012

So I Walked In The Door And What Did I See?

These batiks arrived just two days ago and are already beating tracks out the door and small wonder why!


The flickering fleur de lis' are really beautiful and I love the color schemes we have here.

I don't know what I am going to make with them and I don't care. The point is they will be in my stash when the inspiration strikes! (I know! I know! Again there goes the New Years Resolution!) (What can I say? I'm a glutton for batik) This beautiful doesn't last long.

So, yesterday Celeste had her Happy Shacks class and there was a whole lot of giggling and carrying on over by the class corner. I have to share this shot of her and Mary Lou B as it I believe it truly sums up the mood at the store all day.
And in the midst of all this fun and frivolity, in marches the UPS guy and Fedex dude with boxes of new fabrics and of course I flip over these cute cowboy motifs!


Gee whiz! A girl can't catch her breath around here! Being from Texas has me wanting these too!
___________________

Mona has sewn all the blocks together now for the Amish with a Twist BOM sample and is busy on the appliqued outer border. I'll post again when the whole quilt is complete.



Want a cute idea for using UFO blocks that seem to accumulate? How about this! A customer wore this in the shop a few months ago and I thought I'd share it with you.



Wear your badge of honor proudly! We're QUILTERS and we are an army of many!

No comments: