Saturday, December 10, 2011

Sprinting to the New Year!

Oh man, I can't believe how quickly this month is passing me by without posting!

Thanksgiving Day usually leaves me breathless as we enter the Holiday Month. This is the case as well at Bright Hopes where packages come pouring in with products that were ordered at Market and items that make good gift-giving.

But that doesn't mean we abandon quilt-making; oh no..... in fact, we have several new samples of patterns and fabrics that are so fresh, they are practically dewy!

Jane Sassaman has her new line out and Georgia was immediately inspired to make this Grand Central pattern. If you look closely, you'll see the center panel is one piece of fabric with spinning pinwheels and solid blocks surrounding the middle

Georgia is making a new one using the panel and softer "baby" yellow for the background so I'll post a follow-up post when I get the shot.

Paula Nadelstern's new kaleidoscope fabric is in and this is the "main feature". While at "Market" the gals found this fabulous ball made with the fabric and many pins and sequins.

Pearl is organizing another Demo Days nest month and Celeste will be demonstrating how this is made. We have so much to show & tell and it's great fun to be able to do a lot in short time-frame.

Here's a new item straight outta the box that arrived Thursday afternoon, Poke A Dots!



You've probably had your own issues with thimbles that don't fit well, or fall off or perhaps your favorite has finally worn it's own hole through. If this sounds familiar, you might want to check these little guys out. 18 to a box and made in the USA, these are sticky grippers that are reusable several times and are placed exactly where your "strike zone" is to give your fingers protection while stitching. And the tin is a great keeper for needles. By Jillily Studios.

As for me, what am I up to? I joined in the Farmer's Wife club here at the shop. I'm making mine out of my scrap-bag(s) of batiks (naturally) and will put a board up today showing some of the blocks from various fabric schemes that others are making.

We will host several free Sit n Sew's each month for anyone interesting in hanging out while making the squares. Our next meeting is Monday afternoon, Dec. 19.

Also, we got in a book by Cozy Quilt Designer, Strip Six, of six blocks using jellyroll strips (2.5" WOF) and background fabrics. I liked it and the information inside so much, I bought one


(I know I know! I swore I was going to finish the one's I started before I go off in another direction! But you know me....)

and am using my fruits and veggies left-over strips to make a sample for the shop.

(I figure like this... as long as I am using the stash, a new book doesn't hurt, right?)

It's fun to make complicated-looking patterns quickly.......


__________________________________________

Pearl put all the Christmas Fabric on SALE!!!

$6.99 a yard.

_______________________

No comments: