Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Well I Have Resurfaced!

(Sorry about that lapse in time.) However I am BACK and have lots to share with you.

First off, Hattiesburg was a blast and man alive! What an enormous collection of stunning quilts they had on display. Did you have trouble with choosing the "viewer's choice"? Yeah. Me too.

Secondly, I wanted to tell you that although we extended the Kaffe Fassett Fabric Challenge to the end of October, that date is rapidly approaching. So, if you were planning on entering one (or more!) 12.5" block, you've only got one week left!
There are some great blocks now waiting for a lucky winner.

Okay, here is where I get to show off some new stuff:

Dr. Seuss' cast of characters are on fabric and we have the line. These are only some of the bolts...

you'll have to see the spots and remember when Things 1 and 2 ran amok!

RJR's line of fruits & veggies have been bundled into groups of fat quarters and here is a sampling of some of them. (I bought this bundle!) Luscious!

This is just 12. There are 25 more here as well.

We got a box of 25 Hoffman Batiks!!!!!! All NEW... no repeats. They are getting too beautiful...... if that's possible. I don't have enough time to make all the quilts they invoke.



Jayne, however, knocked this quilt out using "Spumoni" Bali-Pop batiks and the pattern "Hanging Gardens" by Cozy Quilt Designs.


She will be offering a class in this quilt some time in January.

Okay.... when this fabric first showed up last month, it blasted out so fast I only heard of it. Then the next bolt (bolts to be precise) arrived and it, too, barely got out of the box before it blew out the door. (I managed to escape with a fat quarter. And I WORK here!)

We have just received another 3 bolts of it and it is so beautiful and so perfect for ANY New Orleans-inspired or Saints quilt you have in mind. Now I have yardage and you can too; if you don't wait, that is.



I leave you now with this sweet soft selection of the Lizzie Collection from Windham Fabrics

They remind of a candy from my childhood, SweeTarts. Anyone?

We wait with great anticipation our new Mardi Gras fabrics as well. We've been told this is the delivery week. Check in soon.

No comments: